Welcome to my experiment! I have started this blog for utterly selfish reasons, but I'm hoping we have similar needs so this will help you, too.
I need a reminder.
As parents, Norm & I need/want to know how (if?) God is working in our kids' hearts. If God moves us through worship and teaching on Sunday mornings, shouldn't we assume (pray) the same is happening in our kids during their church experience? But we forget to ask. We just want lunch and a nap. By the evening, it's all a distant... memory. And the take home papers
are lost.
I need your help.
As a children's pastor, I carefully and prayerfully select teaching materials based on what our kids really need to learn in order to have a full and transformational picture of God. I am not content with a bunch of random Bible stories. Just as Ryan carefully crafts each sermon series, our kids' lessons are exceedingly intentional. Trained teachers pray and prepare, Sunday morning arrives and the battle begins. Is the lesson fun? Interesting? Clear? So much good is done, but so much needs reinforcing. Without your help of bringing the lesson into the home, the seeds of truth are easily lost.
I need a tool.
I'm hoping to create a place where we parents can come to get ideas and to discuss what we are doing to pass on to our kids a fierce, active love for God. Can a blog and a facebook group change all that? Only if God chooses it. But, hey, he chose a donkey once (Numbers 22:21-35), so stranger things have happened.
--
Lisa McDonald | Creekside Kids Pastor
Creekside Church | creeksideonline.com
290 Technology Way Suite 300, Rocklin, CA 95765
No comments:
Post a Comment