Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Get the Bible Stuck in Your Kid's Head


Ever had an annoying song stuck in your head? Then you know full well the power of music! Here's a tip from a fellow Creekside parent, Beth Boyum, on how to use music to get the Bible stuck in your kid's head.

"My family discovered this resource about three years ago, and it’s requested daily in the car, listened to during the kids’ downtime – you name it. You can read about it for yourself at www.seedsfamilyworship.net, but basically, it’s straight Scripture put to music, with a nice variety of music. That being said, I am not musically inclined and not up-to-date on current music, so I might not be the right person to “rate” this. Here’s what I know, though: it gets my family – ages 43, 42, 13, 10, 8 and 5 – singing the Word of God, out loud and in our heads throughout our days. We love it."

Now, if you are a music snob like I am, you will want to listen before you buy. I found that you can both listen to samples and buy single songs at amazon.com (see links below). I found several I like, and I'm definitely making a playlist for our upcoming road trip! How about you? Find a song you love? Post your comments and any tips you might have for how to get the Bible stuck in our kids' heads.

Seeds of Faith

Seeds of Praise
Seeds of Purpose

Power of Encouragement
Power of Courage


No comments:

Post a Comment